MedSci Prizes and Awards
Physiological Society of NZ (PSNZ) Awards
1. Excellence in Research Award - This prize is awarded every two years for the best researcher at sub-professorial levels (Associate Professor, senior lecturer, and senior research fellow) who have a minimium of 8 years of research experience post PhD. Details can be downloaded here. Please send applications to Rajesh Katare (PSNZ Secretary) by 13th July, 2018.
2. New and Emerging Researcher prize - This prize is awarded annually for outstanding research by a post-doctoral fellow, research fellow, assistant research fellow, or early career academic staff member who is within 8 years of completion of PhD. At the time of abstract submission, you will need to indicate whether you want your abstract to be considered for the New and Emerging Researcher prize. Details can be downloaded here. Please send an updated CV to Rajesh Katare, (PSNZ Secretary) by 13th July, 2018.
4. Mary Bullivant Oral Presentation Prize [all student members] – please notify Rajesh Katare (PSNZ Secretary) by 13th July, 2018 of intention to compete in this category during abstract submission. Details can be downloaded here.
NOTE: To compete for any prize, you must be a member of PSNZ, and have paid your 2018 membership fees. In addition, for those students competing for prizes, your supervisor must also be a member of the PSNZ in good standing for 2017 and 2018 (please contact the PSNZ treasurer, Marie Ward, to organise any arrears payments that might be required).
New Zealand Society of Endocrinology (NZSE) Awards
2. medi'Ray Best Student Presentation Award – all students who give an oral presentation and who are members of the NZSE will be eligible for this award Details can be downloaded here.
Institute of Biomedical Technologies (IBT)
1. Best Student Presentation Award – please contact Ahmed Al-Jumaily for further details.